The Peruvian Mesa Tradition- Introduction
A Weekend Intensive Workshop
by: Adam Kane
Dates: February 25th and 26th, 2017
Time: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Location: Adam's Home in Saugerties, NY
Registration: Call Adam at 732-859-7386
The Mesa practices of the Peruvian Andes are an important component of Peruvian Shamanism. The Mesa is a sacred bundle that also serves as an altar space where communion with the spirit world can occur. The Mesa is a microcosm for the macrocosm of the world- we can affect change utilizing the Mesa so that those changes are manifested in the world for global or personal healing. As a sacred bundle the Mesa serves as a powerful tool for healing.
In this course you will create the basic structure of your own personal Mesa that you will build upon within your own personal practice. You will also be instructed on the activation and general use of the Mesa for healing, attuning to the spirit world, and earth healing.
Please note- this is not a residential
weekend and we will not be able to offer a space to sleep overnight.
For those traveling a distance there is an Air BnB next door to us: http://www.creeksidevacations.com
There is also a Comfort Inn and a Howard Johnsons Hotel 3.5 miles from us in Saugerties, NY.
Please gather and bring the following to class:
- A cloth- this will be your ground cloth for your altar space and the cloth used to bundle your Mesa. It should be of natural material and 1-2 feet in length and width. A square cloth is easier to bundle than a rectangular one. The cloth may be woven, embroidered, or plain.
- A stone that represents your connection to the Earth. 2-4 inches in diameter is a good size
- A sea shell that represents your connection to the oceans and waters. 2-4 inches in diameter is a good size
- A feather that represents your connection to the spirit realms
- A small candle holder representing the Sun or sacred fire- this should be small enough to fit in your bundle with the other items.
- A personal sacred object that represents your deepest connection to the spirits or to your spirituality- this should be small enough to fit in your bundle with the other items.
- A notebook and pen for taking notes and recording your experiences.
- Lunch- we will have a lunch break each day- please bring a bag lunch each day
- A floor cushion or backjack to sit on (we will be on a heated stone floor and blankets will be provided, but a cushion or backjack would add to your comfort)
Please call or email ASAP to reserve a spot as space is being limited
to 12 participants
732-859-7386 - Adam
Prepayment is due upon full registration.